Fox News on Tuesday reached a settlement with Dominion Voting Systems on the first day of the trial.
“The parties have resolved their case,” Delaware Superior Court judge Eric Davis told the court Tuesday afternoon.
Dominion sued Fox News for $1.6 billion over ‘false election rigging claims.’
The settlement totals more than $787 million, according to Dominion lawyer Justin Nelson.
“The truth matters, lies have consequences,” Nelson said.
“Over two years ago, a torrent of lies swept Dominion and election officials across America into an alternative universe of conspiracy theories, causing grievous harm,” he added.
“Money is accountability and we got that today from Fox,” says one of Dominion’s lawyers.
Voting machine company Dominion has agreed a $787.5m settlement in its defamation lawsuit with Fox News and parent company Fox Corp.https://t.co/xgVDQsN3Y6
Sky 501 / YouTube pic.twitter.com/AoQdcFGd23
— Sky News (@SkyNews) April 18, 2023
Judge Eric Davis on Sunday delayed the Fox News-Dominion defamation trial to Tuesday.
Rumors that a settlement had been reached swirled ahead of Tuesday.
Lawyers for both Dominion and Fox News on Tuesday took a 90 minute break and huddled before the settlement was announced.
This is a breaking story…please check back for updates.
The post BREAKING: Fox News and Dominion Reach Settlement in Defamation Lawsuit – Settlement Totals More Than $787 Million! appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.