Failed Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot seems oblivious to the plight of Chicagoans trapped in a city with skyrocketing crime.
She doesn’t have time to deal with the crime wave, but like Nero, she has time to dance and frolic in the snow.
This is Lori Lightfoot dancing on the graves of the 2,278 homicide victims who have died since she took office:pic.twitter.com/tDKLGUFYMR
— James Bradley (@JamesBradleyCA) January 30, 2023
Her tone-deaf move comes as recent data shows that the arrest rate for most crimes in Chicago has fallen to a low of only 5 percent in most major crime categories.
Matt Rosenberg at Wirepoints has an excellent analysis:
Chicago’s shockingly low arrest rates for most crimes continue to give lawbreakers a green light to carry on. Fresh, end-of-year City of Chicago data for 2022 reveal that arrests were made for only 5 percent of offenses in Chicago’s major crime categories. That compares to 10 percent in 2019. The information comes from the city’s crime data portal covering murders, sexual assaults, aggravated battery, robberies, burglaries, thefts, and motor vehicle thefts.
Expect arrest rates to stay at rock-bottom levels and the green light for crime to stay lit until crucial improvements occur in Chicago’s policing management.
Arrest rates varied by the type of “major crime,” based on the seven categories that cities have for decades reported to the FBI. Chicago’s homicide arrest rate was 28 percent in 2022, lower than the reported 33 percent in 2021, 41 percent in 2020, and 36 percent in 2019.
For the other key crimes:
- The criminal sexual assault arrest rate was just 3 percent, down from 8 percent in 2019.
- The robbery arrest rate: 5 percent in 2022 versus 9 percent in 2019.
- The aggravated battery arrest rate: 16 percent compared to 25 percent in 2019.
- The burglary arrest rate: 4 percent this year against 6 percent in 2019.
- Theft arrest rate: 4 percent versus 10 percent in 2019.
- Motor vehicle theft: 3 percent compared to 6 percent in 2019.
The post While Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Frolics in the Snow, Chicago Arrest Rate Collapses to 5% appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.