The totalitarian takeover of Western society has triumphed once again.
At a news conference in Surrey, British Columbia on Friday, Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau Castro channeled his inner Castro as his fascist government announced a statewide ban on the sale, purchase, and transfer of handguns effective immediately.
Canadians cannot also bring newly acquired handguns into the country.
“In May, our government introduced measures to implement a national freeze on handgun ownership. Today, our national freeze on handguns is coming into force. From today forward, it is no longer legal to buy, sell, or transfer a handgun in Canada,” Trudeau said during the press conference.
“We have frozen the market for handguns in this country and our ban on imports that took effect in August remains in place. This is one of the strongest actions we’ve taken on gun violence in a generation,” he added.
Watch the video below:
— Rebel News (@RebelNewsOnline) October 21, 2022
“Fewer guns mean safer communities. That’s why we’re implementing some of the strongest gun control measures in a generation,” Trudeau said in a news release.
Trudeau’s regime has already banned more than 1,500 types of assault-style firearms.
“The national handgun freeze is part of the government’s comprehensive plan to tackle gun violence. We have already banned over 1,500 types of assault-style firearms and have strengthened our gun control laws to expand background checks. Bill C-21 proposes further measures to keep guns out of the wrong hands like revoking the firearms licences of those involved in acts of domestic violence or criminal harassment, continuing to fight gun smuggling and trafficking, and providing law enforcement more tools to investigate firearms crimes,” the news release stated.
“Canadians have the right to feel safe in their homes, in their schools, and in their places of worship,” Trudeau said. “With handgun violence increasing across Canada, it is our duty to take urgent action to remove these deadly weapons from our communities. Today, we’re keeping more guns out of our communities, and keeping our kids safe.”
Member of Parliament Marco Mendicino stated during the conference, “Those guns have no place in any community, they were designed for one purpose and that’s to kill people.”
More on TheGunBlog.ca:
They target only government-licensed handgun users and businesses.
- You risk criminal charges, confiscations, and jail if you buy, sell, give away, or inherit any pistol or revolver.
- Police will confiscate your handguns when you die.
- You’re still allowed to use your handguns for now.
- The prohibitions on ownership transfers don’t apply if you requested them before today.
- Today’s crackdown on honest citizens is part of Trudeau’s expanding attacks against hunters, sport shooters, firearm collectors, and the businesses that serve them.
- It follows the prohibition of handgun imports in August.
- Most gun stores and importers had shut down their handgun operations before today, eliminating more than 30% of Canada’s firearm industry.
- Trudeau began publicly considering handgun prohibitions and confiscations in 2018.
Almost 250,000 Handgun Transfers
- Canadians with a government-issued firearm Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL) applied for 246,058 handgun transfers from May 23 to September 27, the Department of Public Safety said today.
- That represents more than three years of sales.
- The shopping spree boosted total handgun ownership to about 1.2 million.
- Today’s regulatory attack instantly wiped out more than $1 billion in wealth for Canada’s roughly 300,000 handgunners and our families, as the market value of our handguns and related accessories suddenly plunged to zero.
- About 8,000 high-level shooting athletes are exempt from today’s prohibitions.
- About 6,000 security guards and people authorized for so-called “wilderness carry,” are also exempt.
- The movie industry is also exempt.
The Liberals+RCMP are working on a range of new prohibitions and confiscations targeting honest firearm users, in addition to ending legal handgun ownership.
Their legislative and regulatory attacks include:
- Bill C-21, which will put the effect of today’s regulations into legislation, and will expand the rifle and shotgun confiscations begun in May 2020.
- New crimes targeting owners of ammunition magazines.
- New crimes targeting anyone who buys or sells any firearm.
- See our Policy Summary Table on our page for Liberal Gun Bans.
Below are some of the comments on social media following the freezing of the market of handguns in Canada.
Trudeau’s ban on handgun sales, purchase, and transfers takes effect today.
It won’t change a thing for criminals, but will bring Canada closer to societies where disarmed citizens were helpless when tyrannical governments came to power. It didn’t end well.
— Maxime Bernier (@MaximeBernier) October 21, 2022
Hey Justin, what does the USSR, Nazi Germany, Soviet Bulgaria, East Germany, Communist Cuba and Venezuela have in common?
They all disarmed their populations before committing some of the worst human rights violations in history.
No one will forget your legacy.
— Lauren Southern (@Lauren_Southern) October 21, 2022
“Update: People can no longer buy, sell, or transfer handguns legally within Canada – and they cannot bring newly acquired handguns into the country. If you’re a criminal nothing has changed and its business as usual.”
Fixed it for you.
— Tom Ortega (@TomLOrtega) October 21, 2022
Meanwhile, in Canada, Trudeau just made it illegal to buy, sell or transfer a handgun. No surprise here, like father, like son.
— First Words (@unscriptedmike) October 21, 2022